This course is essential under section 25 of 2005 Safety Health & Welfare Act. This act states that employees are entitled to decide on, select and appoint a safety representative or, by agreement with their employer, more than one safety representative to represent them in consultations with the employer on matters of safety, health and welfare at the place of work.
- Safety culture in the workplace
- Health and safety legislation
- Implications of health and safety legislation on both employer and employee
- Role of safety representative / safety officer & safety team
- Safety statement/risk assessments / safe working procedures
- Hazard identification
- Accident / incident reporting and prevention
- Safety audits
This course will enable participants to effectively understand the role and function of a safety representative and conforms to the guidance set out by the health and safety authority. Participants will gain a comprehensive foundation to health and safety.
This Course is Designed For:
Personnel who are or intend to become safety representatives in their respective organizations.
This course is classroom based; it is highly interactive with role-playing playing and practical exercises to reinforce the participants understanding and learning.
What to Bring to This Course:
There are no requirements for this course.
On completion of this course, participants receive a Samson Training safety representative certification.